Tuesday 7 April 2015

Y. Market Beer: Wish I could've drank more beer!












Area:  about 100m south of Kokusai Center Station, Exit 4 国際センター駅
Restaurant:  Y. Market Brewing  ワイマーケットブルーイング
Website:  http://craftbeer.nagoya/
Map:  http://tabelog.com/aichi/A2301/A230101/23052333/

Hours:  Weekdays 3-11pm,  Weekends and Holidays  11:30am-10pm


I didn't plan on drinking during my break from work, but they require you to order one beverage.  Although there are non-alcoholic options, I thought I should try the beer since they make it right underneath the restaurant (which is on the second floor).  I like bold flavored beers as opposed to light ones, so the Hysteric IPA was recommended.  You can order a small 200ml glass, so that's what I did.  As the description says, it really did have a passion fruit and lychee flavour to it.  It's purposely made to be a bit bitter, but that works with the citrus accent.

I originally ordered the gyu suji doteni (stewed beef tendon) because this one was made with beer.  However it was recommended that I order the Nagoya taco (350 yen) which had the same doteni, but in the Spanish style served with salsa and in a soft flour tortilla.  The salsa and doteni were a good combo according to the server.  The doteni itself was delicious with a slight sweetness to it as doteni usually has, but the beer gave it another level compared to regular doteni.  The salsa combo was nice, making it a bit more spicy and light, but the sweetness of the doteni is kind of lost when eaten together.  

The cabbage and avocado bagna cauda (500 yen) was different than anything I've ever tasted but it was really nice.  The combination of creamy avocado and anchovy paste really works well.  And with the cabbage to mellow out the saltiness, it is something I'd want to eat again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment