Wednesday 15 April 2015

Shinryoku-Sabo Cha-Cafe: If I had a sweet tooth I'd go back for more





Area:  about 2 blocks east of Meitetsu department store at Nagoya Station
Store:  Shinryoku-Sabo Cha-Cafe  新緑茶房 茶カフェ
Website and map:  http://www.shinsabo.com/cha-cafe.html

Hours:  10am-10pm (7pm on sundays and holidays)


This is a green tea specialty cafe.  They serve mainly sweets, of course made from green tea.  I stopped by just to pass the time, so I wasn't very hungry and therefore went for the housemade shortbread cookies.  The three flavours were hojicha, matcha and plain with walnuts.  Honestly they were not much different from each other, just mildly sweet and chalky in texture.  The other items in the menu look more enticing (see the homepage).

I tried the Ise ryokucha espresso for my drink.  It was indeed strong (like a coffee espresso compared to brewed coffee), with an essence of lemon.  Adding a bit of sugar syrup changed the texture and taste of the tea.

There was a loud echo in this small space, so I could barely hear the music over the other patrons voices (it doesn't look like it from the photo, but it was pretty busy).

No comments:

Post a Comment