Saturday 23 November 2013

Poutine, Smoked Salmon, Maple sauces...no wonder it felt a bit homey



Area: about a 2 min walk southeast of Marunouchi station 丸の内 (Exit 5)
Restaurant: Coat of Arms コートオブアームズ
Website and Map: http://www.coatofarms.jp/otoiawase.aspx

Hours: Mon-Thurs 11:30am-12pm, Fri & Sat 11:30am-1am, Closed Sun

It feels somewhat like being back home stepping into this bar.  With its big screen TV showing sports and its non-Japanese staff, I had memories of Kelsey's or Jack Astors.

The menu has a lot of typical pub food, as well as food that the Japanese are used to eating such as curry.  I had the smoked salmon salad (about 1000円).  I was surprised to see that they smoke it in house, so I thought I'd give it a try.  The moist salmon, and the creamy lemony dressing went very well together.  The size of the salad was satisfying, but I found that the amount of dressing was a bit too much.  Would you like a salad with your dressing?  With a bit less dressing, this salad would be perfect.

I'm not sure if the person that makes the menu has ties with Canada or not, but I was happy to see that poutine is on the menu!  Fries, topped with cheese curds and gravy, how I do miss you.  However, I was feeling a bit on the lighter side today, so poutine will have to wait.  I'm curious to see if they use real cheese curds (squeakiness is important; maybe only Canadians would understand this!).

No comments:

Post a Comment