Friday 22 November 2013

I'm pretty sure rice would have been a better choice





Area: a 3min. walk from Marunouchi 丸の内 or Hisayaodori 久屋大通 station (in the middle of the two, just north of sakura-dori road)
Restaurant: Switch スウィッチ
Map and infohttp://r.gnavi.co.jp/n639300/map/

Hours: Lunch 11:30am-3pm, Cafe time 3pm-5pm, Dinner 5pm-3am (LO 2:30am)

Looking at the Lunch special calendar, it seems everyday features a different kind of rice dish, whether it's curry, a rice bowl (ingredients laid on a bed of rice), omuraisu (rice wrapped in an omelette), etc. I'm not a huge fan of omuraisu, today's special, so I went for the pasta lunch (700円).  I paid an extra 100円 for the soft sesame seed bun (not sure it was worth it though).  The lunch comes with soup, salad, and a drink bar, so I naturally went for the coffee.  My second cup was not from the coffee canister (they made it for me because it was nearing the end of lunch time and there was no coffee left), but that cup was noticeably tastier.

The pasta had volume, but the noodles were mushy, the sauce a bit too plain and thin.  It came with large pieces of chicken breast and grilled eggplant.  The thick slices of eggplant were the only thing I liked about this dish.

This cafe has the feel of a bar or night club with its red furniture and dark lighting, but it's a quiet place to spend lunch time.  If you make a visit here, go for a rice dish...there are plenty of better pastas in Nagoya.

No comments:

Post a Comment