Sunday 17 November 2013

Even if all they sold was coffee, I'd still be satisfied




Area: Fushimi Station 伏見駅 (about 300m north)
Restaurant: Mitts Coffee Stand ミッツコーヒースタンド

Hours: 
Weekdays 7am - 10pm
Weekends/Holidays  8am - 6pm 

This cafe prides itself on its premium coffee and its home-made bread.  The sandwich set (800円) included a drink, salad, and the soup of the day.  The salad seems plain at first but for some reason I really enjoyed the dressing.  It was Italian with lots of umami and aromatic spices.  The sandwich I chose was the egg salad and avocado (also had sweet red peppers).  It's what you would expect of an egg salad and avocado combo.  I would have liked the bread to be slightly less toasted so that I could get a sense of the texture and flavour of their prided home-made creation.  It was a little too crispy to really judge it.  The soup was a potato consomme; thick but smooth.

You can choose from a couple of blends if you order coffee.  I tried the Nicaraguan beans; this cafe definitely makes their coffee well, and I'm sure they make it fresh upon order.  

The space in the back of the cafe where the tables are is a bit too dark in my opinion, but perhaps that's because I was planning to read.  However the counter area is bright and has almost a completely different atmosphere compared to the back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment