Tuesday 26 November 2013

Can't comment on authenticity, but it was yummy


Area: Honjin station 本陣駅 (Higashiyama line, 2nd stop from Nagoya station)
Restaurant: Turkish Taste ターキッシュテイスト
Map and infohttp://www.hotpepper.jp/strJ000913330/map/

Hours: Lunch 11am-3pm, Dinner 5pm-9pm, Closed Tues

Today was a take-out dinner.  Being in love with pizza, this Turkish-style one caught my eye.  The spinach and cheese (890円) Turkish pizza had a warm and chewy dough filled with lots of spinach.  It's a simple pizza, with not many added spices, but with all that cheese and a nicely done crust, it doesn't need much extra.

I'm not an expert on Turkish food, but I'd like to try more dishes from their menu, such as the doner sandwich (appears to be a pita sandwich filled with lettuce and meat), or the kebab.  One think you can't buy in the grocery stores can be found here; hummus.  I miss hummus, so I'll have to try that someday as well.

There's a counter from which you can watch the chef cook on a hot table, or you can choose to sit at a table.  This restaurant has a take-out restaurant feel to it though, perhaps that's why I was compelled to order my pizza and eat it at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment