Thursday 31 October 2013

Naples and real gorgonzola, a good combo



Area: Chika Machi Lounge チカマチラウンジ, B1 Level of Crosscourt Towers (attached to Midland Square in front of Nagoya station)
Restaurant: il Bamboccio イル バンボッチョ
Website and info: http://www.chikamachi.com/floorguide/il-banboccio/

Hours: Weekdays, 11am-3pm (LO 2:30), 5pm-11pm (LO 10:30)
           Weekends, 11am-11pm (LO 10:30)

At first, I was interested in the lunch plate of the day, ginger pork, but when I asked the waiter, he explained it was just shoga-yaki (a staple in Japanese cooking).  I'm not sure why an Italian restaurant serves this Japanese dish, but instead I went for the pizza lunch (soup and pizza 980円).  This is the gorgonzola and Italian sausage pizza.  The dough was soft and chewy like the Neapolitan pizza.  I was pleased with the gorgonzola cheese, as it actually had the strong flavor of blue cheese.  Gorgonzola in Japan is often more mild and doesn't scream blue cheese.  I just wish there was more sausage on this pizza.

The accompanying soup surprisingly had a lot of vegetables in it; that's a plus in my books (makes up for not having a salad).  One complaint I have about this place is that there is a section blocked by a small wall, where if you are sat here, you'll never be helped by the waiter.  I had to wait quite a while for service, as did the other customers around me.  People were consistently calling more than once for a waiter's attention.





No comments:

Post a Comment