Wednesday 30 October 2013

Can't decide if it's worth it for just soup




Area: JR Towers 13F (food court area with Starbucks and La Vie de France), Nagoya Station
Restaurant:  Soup Stock Tokyo スープストックトーキョー
Website:  http://www.soup-stock-tokyo.com/

This company makes all different kinds of soup, but of course they can't showcase all of them, so you have a choice between 4 or 5 flavors of the day.  I had the soup and dessert soup set (1100円, includes a drink).  For this price, I would've expected a bit more in volume or ingredients. You can also choose between bread and rice.  To me, bread goes better with soup, so that's what I ordered.  It's the perfect bun for eating with soup, the chewiness and density are great for dipping.

For my savory soup, I chose the Korean style Sangetan.  It's basically like chicken soup with all different types of grains and beans mixed in.  It seems like a soup that would be good to have when you've caught a cold and need nutrients but don't have an appetite.  I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but it is healthy and mild in flavor.  For my dessert soup, I chose the matcha banana.  I wish they would serve it after the meal and not at the same time as the savory soup, since it did have a melting scoop of ice cream in it!  It's well known that adzuki (red beans) match with matcha, but this soup also had corn, macadamia nuts and chick peas in it (along with banana pieces).  Interesting and new, but I'd have to say that as a dessert, it could do without the corn and chick peas.  The nuts and red beans alone would have been satisfying enough.

Being in a food court section, it's a bit noisy and busy here, but if you can snatch up a table, there's no one to tell you you've been there too long, so you can take your time and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment