Wednesday 2 October 2013

Why does this bakery have Vietnamese coffee?


Area: Meitetsu Department store B1 (Men's clothing wing). Attached to Sunroad (Nagoya Station)
Restaurant: St. Mark Cafe サンマルクカフェ
Websitehttp://www.saint-marc-hd.com/cafe/

For about 700円 I was able to buy a sandwich, chocolate croissant and a coffee.  Half the sandwich was egg and shrimp, while the other half was ham and cheese.  It was light and reminds me of the kind of sandwich you can buy in a Japanese convenience store, so nothing special here.  The shop seems to be famous for their Choco Kuro (croissant), which is why I had to buy one.  The chocolate is soft, and milky in flavor, but somehow I feel the croissant is too mild in butter and too airy.  It doesn't really add anything to the bold taste of the chocolate.

I was surprised to find that vietnamese coffee is sold here.  It tasted like regular coffee mixed with condensed milk.  I think it would be nice if they used a bit stronger coffee, but nevertheless it satisfied my sweet tooth.  I would return for this mildly sweet coffee, but not sure about the baked goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment