Tuesday 15 October 2013

Kaffeine: For a place called Kaffeine, it better have good coffee (closed)



Area: 5 min. walk south from International Kokusai Center (NSBuilding 2F)
Restaurant: Kaffeine カフェイン
Website and Infohttp://www.kaffeine-coffeeshop.com/

When I asked the waiter what her recommendation was for lunch, she suggested the curry.  It's the one coin curry, meaning it only costs 500円.  What I liked about this curry was that it had fat pieces of pork, but I have to say that ordering Japanese curry in any restaurant usually means no surprises.  It is the price that stands out here.  For an extra 150円 you can add a soup and salad.

For 200円 extra, you can include a drink as well.  I ended up ordering a coffee, and this made me believe that the cafe lives up to its name.  It was a very comforting, bold, but rounded tasting coffee that I would make another visit for.

I have to mention something about the clever name.  In Japanese, it's written as Ka-fue-in.
Ka-fue is the standard word for cafe.  Just like the menu, the name mixes Japanese and western flavors together.

No comments:

Post a Comment