Monday 2 September 2013

Mascarpone cheese and basil, a great match




Area: 2 blocks from Nagoya station on the Bic Camera side
Restaurant: Tsubaki ツバキ 

I was too late to make it in time for the lunch set (until 2 or 2:30pm), but I'm glad I missed it.  Instead, I had a delicious basil and mascarpone cheese panini sandwich (~700円).  The olive oil basil paste married well with the other ingredients, and the toasted, pressed bread was sturdy enough to stand up to the juiciness without becoming soggy.  I was happy to find an actual sandwich (if  you know what I mean) in Japan.  

It's a small quaint restaurant in the back of an area filled with izakayas and bigger name eateries, so it may be difficult to find, but if you do you may be pleasantly eating.  The first floor just consists of a small counter, but if you asked to be seated on the 2nd floor, you can also comfortably dine at a table.  

No comments:

Post a Comment