Saturday 14 September 2013

Give me the WHOLE bun please!




Area: Meieki (about 5 min. NE of Nagoya Station)
Restaurant: Paff パフ
Website and Maphttp://www.paff.jp/

I know I've been going to this area quite often recently, but I keep on finding cafes that seem worth visiting.  This one, Paff, is on the top of my list for interior decoration and atmosphere.  The moment you walk in, there's the feeling of ‘I'm going to enjoy my quiet time here'.  It's spacious, comfortable and although it seems to be popular, it's quiet.

The food, on the other hand, was not horrible, but not top notch either.  Today's pasta lunch was smoked Kajiki (tuna) tomato pasta (1050円).  The edamame topping was actually quite delicious; it had a certain crunchiness (usually soft and mushy) that lent to a refreshing feel and flavor.  However, the smoked tuna was overly dry and hard, and the sauce was lacking in something.  It's rare, but I decided to try something other than coffee, and went chai latte.  If you like your chai mild, then this cup will satisfy you.

The accompanying bread was a treat, enough that I wish they would serve a whole bun.  To make this dough, the cafe uses rice flour instead of regular flour.  This is why it has a chewy texture and ever-so-slight sweetness of rice.  It also had a light flowery after taste (not sure where this comes from) that makes this bread unique.

Next time, I'll order a set that comes with dessert (sweets seem to be their big specialty here).

No comments:

Post a Comment