Thursday 19 September 2013

Haven't had a pressed sandwich since I was a kid!



Area: Meieki (a 5 min. walk NE from Nagoya Station)
Restaurant:  Cafe San Rafael カフェサンラファエル
Website and Maphttp://cafe-sanrafael.com/shopinfo.html

This spacious cafe is a relaxing and quiet place to take a break.  It has a slightly older and run down feeling than the photos on the website, but it does seem to be surrounded by buildings of the same sort.

The egg pressed sandwich lunch (1000円)、coffee included, seems a bit expensive, but I hadn't had a pressed sandwich since the days when those presses were popular.  It was a nice flavored simple sandwich with the right amount of ketchup and mayonnaise.  The egg was not egg salad by the way, but was an omelette.  I love the crunchy outer layer sides of press sandwiches!

The one complaint I had was that the hazelnut coffee was not very tasty.  When I added cream, it didn't incorporate very well and when I asked the waiter about it, he said it's normal.  Somehow I don't think it's normal for the cream to slightly congeal!  Next time, I'd order one of their specialty world coffees and see if the flavor more heartwarming.


No comments:

Post a Comment