Sunday 22 March 2015

Atelier Fable: Be refreshed with tea recommended by the *Monsieur*










Area:  a few blocks north of Kamejima station, exit 1 亀島駅
Shop:  Atelier Fable  アトリエファブル
Map and website:  http://www.a-fable.jp/fable_access.html

Hours:  10am-7pm, closed every 2nd sunday, and 4 and 5th Saturday


This is an interesting store that sells all kinds of herbal cosmetics, teas, aromas, gardening goods, crafts, etc.  I was interested in taking a rest here, so I ordered the cake set that comes with a tea recommended by the master according to how you feel (650 yen).  I was feeling a bit on the tired side, so the master brewed a rose hip blend.  With calcium and vitamin C, and a bit of sourness, it was supposed to take away fatigue.  It went well with the sweet and dense walnut and raisin cake.  The accompanying blueberry puree was nice since it wasn't too sweet (different than jam).  

The master was really hospitable, turning on the air conditioning as soon as I sat down, and insisted that I take the bigger table when he noticed I had some books with me.  The water he brought was not surprisingly a refreshing herb water (could have been thyme).  

No comments:

Post a Comment