Friday 20 December 2013

re:Li: This cafe has just what Nagoya needs: innovation







Area:  about 400m northwest of Osu Kannon station 大須観音駅
Restaurant: re:Li  リリ
Website and Info: http://cafereli.com/contact/

Hours: 11:30am-12am (LO 11pm) Closed Thurs and 3rd Wed of the month

I was planning to eat at a different cafe, but it was full, so I took it as a sign to try cafe re:Li (I'd be interested in asking the owners about the meaning of this name).  Boy am I glad that first cafe was full.  I was really pleased with re:Li's innovation and my overall experience here.  

I chose the chicken saute lunch; juicy chicken breast served with a red wine mushroom sauce.  The concentrated wine flavour went perfectly with the mushrooms.  The roasted potato+hijiki balsamic warm salad was a nice change from the usual soy sauce flavoured hijiki you can find everywhere. The eggplant and shishito green pepper tempura needed no dipping sauce, it was tasteful just as is.   The celery and hakusai salad (in the shot glass) was also a nicely flavoured salad (almost as if sweet white miso was used in it).  Lastly the genmai rice's chewiness and slight nutty flavour was a treat from the regular white rice.  

And it didn't end there, the included coffee was also nicely brewed and came in a good size cup. All for only 1050円, I wish I worked closer to this cafe.  Also, the 3rd floor is a gallery space with some nicely handmade products on sale.  It's worth it to take a look after enjoying your meal.  





No comments:

Post a Comment