Sunday 18 August 2013

I keep coming back here!


Area: About 200m on the east side of JR Nagoya Station (or exit 7 of Unimall)
Restaurant: Kirin City キリンシティ
Map and Infohttp://tabelog.com/aichi/A2301/A230101/23000231/

You've probably already guessed by the name, but this restaurant is centred around beer.  It has a western bar feel with both Japanese and western flavours.  I particularly like the sweet lamb saute (880円).  Anytime I feel like eating lamb, I come here since at that price, it's a great deal.  I love lamb, but since coming to Japan, I even find it difficult to find it in the grocery stores (and even then, it's quite expensive just for 3 small chops).  Kirin City's lamb dish is juicy and the thickly cut pieces are the perfect size for tasting the slight gaminess that I like about lamb.  Although the sauce is a teriyaki-like Japanese flavour, it goes well with the meat.  It's a small point, but the baguette is also delicious.  It's got a crunchy outer shell with a soft, but doughy centre (this hard outer layer is something also difficult to find in Japan as well).

Other interesting menu items include red wine hayashi (beef stew), and black beer curry.  You can actually taste the beer in the curry!  Also, I haven't tried it yet, but they seem to have a variety of sausages to choose from (and they look like actual sausages, not the so-called sausages that are actually wieners).

No comments:

Post a Comment