Saturday 17 August 2013

Buttery Croissant will make me come back



Area: 400m east of Nagoya Station (Hirokoji-dori)
Restaurant: Hare Cafe
Website and Maphttp://hitosara.com/0006017610/map.html

The first thing I noticed when I walked into this cafe is that all of it's clientele were women, but that should give you an idea of the air of the place.  The decor, along with the wooden walls and furniture makes for a perfect place to chat with, and have lunch with a girlfriend.

The udon lunch (880 yen) included a cold tomato and shiso Japanese-flavoured udon (perfect for a hot summer day), a huge salad, and a house-made croissant.  The salad could have used a bit more dressing, but I was pleased with the volume of it. Next time, I'd be interested in trying their carbonara udon, or a more western flavoured udon.

The best part of the lunch was the croissant.  You know it's homemade when you get a whiff of the fresh-out-of-the-oven buttery bun.  The outside is crispy, but the inside is a nice chewy texture.  I could definitely eat more than one!

No comments:

Post a Comment