Sunday 30 November 2014

And: busy pasta specialty house








Area:  about 500m north of Kokusai Center station 国際センター駅
Restaurant:  And  アンド
Map:  http://tabelog.com/aichi/A2301/A230101/23043581/dtlmap/
Website:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pasta-shop-and/340992079349658?ref=stream

Hours:  Lunch LO 1:30pm,  hours and times always changing, business hours listed weekly on website


I know I've been visiting a lot of pasta places lately, but I've recently have been able to take my break early and can visit the places that are last order 2pm (a lot of them serve pasta lunches).

Today was a day off so I wanted to visit this 1:30pm last order restaurant.  I'd recommend coming here early to get a seat;  this small restaurant consists of an 8-seater counter and that's all.  It's a pasta specialty restaurant, so of course it showcases house made pasta (both fresh and dry are available).  But why pick dry when there's fresh? There are only about 6 kinds on the menu, but if it's your first time it's recommend that you shouldn't order anything else but the meat sauce (¥950). I'm not a big fan of meat sauce but how could I not order it? The appetizer was a small salad topped with corn and rarely seen in Japan bacon bits.  Dressed with a light oil vinaigrette, the bacon bits were the flavor accent.

The meat sauce was nice, not as tomatoe-y as I had predicted.  I've read that this sauce is simmered for a long time, and it shows in the concentrated flavor.  Slightly sweet, a little bit too salty, but also somewhat creamy.  The flavor of mushrooms was lost from the concentration.   The pasta was al dente and clearly fresh, with a good bite.  Each plate is made upon order so it may take a while to order and receive your food when there are other patrons.

No comments:

Post a Comment