Saturday 25 January 2014

The best part was probably made somewhere else...



Area:  In Trusty Hotel (トラスティホテル), about 300m north east of Fushimi Station Exit 1 伏見駅
Restaurant: Cuore Lounge ラウンジクオーレ
Website:  http://www.trusty.jp/nagoyasakae/information/lounge.html
Map: http://tabelog.com/aichi/A2301/A230102/23015446/dtlmap/

Hours: 7am-11pm

When I saw the website for this lounge, I thought it looked pretty elegant, but upon arriving, it looked like an outdated hotel lobby restaurant that may have been once 5-star.  Nevertheless, I sat down to try their food.

I was late for the lunch time hours so I missed out on the sets, so I ordered the herb chicken and focaccia a la carte.  At first I just had the chicken, but it was so salty that I needed something plain on the side to mellow out my tongue.  Had the salt level on the chicken been a little lower, I'd be able to enjoy the herb flavours and the well-cooked juicy meat.  I'm glad I ordered the bread though, as it was actually the highlight of my meal.  The warmed dough was soft and the slight buttery flavour satisfied my palette over the main dish.  I'd like to know where they get their bread from!


No comments:

Post a Comment