Tuesday 23 July 2013

Bright and Friendly...and cheap pizza!



Area:  Near Nagoya station.  Inside the Winc Aichi building (Exit 7 of Unimall underground shopping area)
Restaurant: Flat Cafe
Website: http://www.ys-labo.jp/flatcafe_meieki/index.html
Map: http://tabelog.com/aichi/A2301/A230101/23033963/

One thing I miss when I'm in Japan is cheap but yummy pizza.  Why is it that a medium sized pizza here can cost about 2500円 when back home it is a fifth of that price?  For that amount, I'd expect there to be foie gras and real cheese on it.

When I saw pizza as an option on the lunch set menu for under 1000円, I had to give into my yearning.  It's not a medium sized pizza, but this margherita pizza did satisfy my taste buds.  The crust was a nice chewy texture similar to Neapolitan style pizza.  It's a very simple, plain pizza....if I were served this at a pizza parlor I might be disappointed, but this cafe is not a pizza parlor nor an Italian restaurant.  As such, I was pleased with my choice!!  

Although the cafe is in the basement of the building, it is brightly lit and its colourful atmosphere makes it feel like an outdoor cafe.  Overall a great place to rest and have a bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment