Monday 22 June 2015

Nagagutsu to Neko: Coffee is definitely its specialty








Area:  about 300m south west of Sakae Station 栄駅
Cafe:  Nagagutsu to Neko  長靴と猫
Map and Info:  http://tabelog.com/aichi/A2301/A230103/23000260/dtlmap/?lid=tocoupon2

Hours:  9am-8pm


At this coffee specialty house, there are a variety of beans to choose from.  Although pricey, they do hand drip them (ensuring its freshness).  If you sit at the counter, you even get to choose your own cup from a variety of shapes and colours.  I was caught by surprise at this, so I quickly chose the cup in front of me.

The food menu is small, with some cakes and sandwiches.  The hot sandwich (ordered by the patron beside me), looked really nice, a good toasty colour. It was a pressed sandwich, so I'm sure it had a nice crunchy crust.  

The first sip of coffee, black, had a nice roasted flavor, quite bitter but fresh.  Adding cream mellowed out the bitterness and brought out the sweetness from the roasting.  I had seen in a magazine that there was a cookie set.  For ¥210 you get 3 small cookies, German style.  It wasn't in the menu but when I asked it was available! 

One cookie was an almond, another was an only slightly buttery shortbread and the last was a sugar coated one.  All were mildly sweet, perfect with the coffee.  

No comments:

Post a Comment