Tuesday 12 May 2015

Nossa: I still don't know what Romanian food is like










Area:  about 5 min south of Fushimi Station, exit 6  伏見駅
Restaurant:  Nossa Gallery Cafe  ノッサ
Website:  http://nossagallery.on.omisenomikata.jp/

Hours:  6pm-1am, closed Sundays and holidays


According to the website it seems they are only open in the evenings now.  However when I visited, it was for lunch.  The nicely seasoned soup had carrots, red and green peppers, onion, celery and parsley in it.  The soft meatball had rice mixed in with the ground meat.  The pickled peppers on the side (meant to be added to the soup), turned the soup into a hot and sour soup.  It was hot enough to make my nose run and my lips go tingly.  The bread had a dry texture like corn bread, but it was nice flavor-wise.

Since I had never had Romanian food before, I asked which lunch was the most Romania-like.  The recommendation was a simple sauteed pork seasoned with salt and cracked black pepper.  It was served with plain steamed rice and a sesame dressed salad.  I was recommended the pork when I asked which was most Romania like.  It was a simple sauté with salt and cracked black pepper.  Served with plain steamed rice and a sesame dressed salad.  It was nothing too special, the soup was probably the best part.  

Half the restaurant, the front part, was all white and half was black giving a very modern feel.  The music was techno.  Although it's called a gallery restaurant, most of the works were in book form.

No comments:

Post a Comment