Saturday 26 July 2014

Le Patio: LO time has no meaning












Area:  5 min. walk east of Fushimi station 伏見駅
Restaurant:  Le Patio  ル パティオ
Map and Info:  http://tabelog.com/aichi/A2301/A230103/23004883/dtlmap/?lid=tocoupon2

Hours:  Lunch 11am-3pm (LO 2:30pm or whenever they feel like it), Dinner 5-11pm



I've been wanting to try this place for a while, but the first time I came, the lunch was already over even though it was 10 min. before 2pm.  This time, I arrived at the same hour and they took me in.  The outside sign said the lunch last order was 2:30pm but I guess because it wasn't busy they took their sign down as soon as I ordered my lunch.

Upon walking in, I was a bit disappointed in the decor.  From the outside, it seems like a cute garden cafe, but the inside tells a different story.  It looks like it was once cute, but had become old and run down.  The jazz music created a relaxing atmosphere, but the dark lighting added to the run down feeling. 

There are 3 lunches to choose from, deli plate (cheese filled hamburger patty), rice bowl (pork), and 2 different pastas.  I went with the hamburger (850 yen).  It was topped with a tomato sauce that was cooked with lots of onions.  It made this hamburger taste like a cabbage roll, as the cheese didn't really add much to it.  The salad was topped with a caesar dressing and prosciutto.  There was also a creamy squash salad accompanying it; soft and mild tasting, this one salad was a nice addition.  
I expected the bread to be dry and hard because there were no other patrons here, and for some reason the atmosphere gave me this idea.  However it was chewy and moist with a crunchy outer layer.  The soup was a creamy corn potage.  Alone, it was just sweet and milky, but eaten with the bread it was somehow enhanced in flavor. The hot coffee was an americano so it was made on order, had a nice crema and was actually a really good cup of Java.  Bold but not too strong.

The upper floor looks a bit more modern, but I think it might be reserved for parties.  Based on this lunch though, I'm not sure I'd want to hold a party here.  Not bad but nothing really stood out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment