Sunday 26 May 2013

Okinawa Cafe: A bit of Okinawa in Nagoya


Area: Osu Kannon
Restaurant: Okinawa Cafe
Address: 中区大須3-30-40万松寺ビル1階, Nagoya-shi, Aichi, Japan 460-0011
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/okinawa-cafe-Nagoya-/131448386941131


Ok, so it's not a Nagoya specialty, but I didn't say this blog is about Nagoya food only!
As I was walking around Osu Kannon, I came across Okinawa Cafe and since I've never been to Okinawa (yet), I thought this was closest I could be to being there.

Apparently Okinawa is known for delicious pork dishes, so I tried this popular dish called Rafute.
It uses the wonderful (always goes well together) marriage of a teriyaki sauce and mayonnaise.
You can't see it, but underneath the mountain of seaweed is mouth-watering pork belly.
The rice krispy-looking things are like fried tempura bits, and they're mixed with green onion.  I love the crunchy texture it brings...
The accompanying soup is like drinking bacon!  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment